K3NEM - - W3HEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
9 August 2012
John Paul Howell AA3WI Steve Stitzer WA3ZWC
Ted Bauer WA3AER Jim Dressler KB3GSA
Fred Heath AI3Z Zory Glaser KB3VQC
Gary Hendrickson W3DTN Tim Titus W1TRT
Nick Yokanovich K3NY Gary Johney N3BYN
Chip Weems W4PBG John Havrilla KB3PIE
Phil Bernacke KB3WDI Jim Smith AB3CA
Meeting chaired by John Paul Howell, President.
2. MINUTES – minutes from July meeting accepted, approved.
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred AI3Z
Figures are same as prior month:
June ending assets: $2834.36
Bank balance: $2775.53
Tube fund: $ 750.00
Operating balance: $2025.53
No Field Day expenses (food) received for payment.
1 membership renewal for 2012 received.
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Power Line Noise - - slight buzzing noted on Family Net this week, but atmospheric noise was greater.
ii. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Chip W4PBG
Only 6 check-ins this week. Condx. poor. Salt Lake City has antenna back and on the air.
iii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Ted WA3AER
Net continuing to run OK with varied topics and some outside participants. Need NCS volunteers for September.
iv. Equipment Issues
• Henry Tuning Chart: Info has not been received from Alvin for posting to web site.
• Rotator Modulation: no report
• Digital Picture Frame: Nick’s unit has been given to Tom D. Tim T. notes DXE has a product that might work for us. John Paul will try getting auto-start running on PC over Labor Day.
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY – now at 310 confirmed. Wallis-Futuna received. Will submit 250, 300, 305, 310 confirmation stickers shortly.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – nothing to report
(e) FAR Report – no report. We still need a FAR Representative.
(f) Training Report - - Expect next General Class course to start in September. ARISS Technician Class finishing up; testing set for 22 August.
(g) Special Event Report - - nothing to report
4. OLD BUSINESS
• Reflector Emails: John Paul’s trick of removing failing addresses, then re-entering after some time works.
• Inventory: no report
• DX4WIN: no change
• 220VAC Station Power: no report
• Les’ Memorial Service: Les’ service was held on 4 August.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• ATV Station Resurrection: Interest in maintaining an ATV presence exists. Discussion to continue. Committee formed – Jim N., Mike B., John H., and Ted B. Plan to review existing station and proceed from there. Will document (new) station and operational procedures.
• Accordion: A brown suitcase, reportedly of suspicious nature found in Howard County, turned out to contain (drum roll, please) an accordion. Could this be?!
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
Special Events: Pearl Harbor Day in December.
MD QSO Party: 11-12 August
• Upcoming Hamfests:
Westminster Tailgate Event: 26 August at Carroll County fair ground
NCDX Convention: 25 August, Frederick Holiday Inn
Atlantic Division Convention: John Paul will explore to determine if club has interest
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting John Paul.
John Paul is pursuing 2 options for the next 2 months’ meetings.
Next regular meeting: 13 September 2012 at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Ted Bauer, WA3AER
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***