K3NEM - - W3HEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
8 November 2012
Ted Bauer WA3AER Alvin Glusick K0IQE
Tom Dalton KB3NHQ Steve Stitzer WA3ZWC
Jim Smith AB3CA John Paul Howell AA3WI
Bob Gardenghi K3FQP Gary Hendrickson W3DTN
Jim Dressler KB3GSA Jim Nowotarski N3GOO
Tim Titus W1TRT Nick Yokanovich K3NY
John Paul H., President, chaired meeting.
2. MINUTES – minutes from October’s meeting accepted, approved
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred AI3Z (email report read by TedB.)
October Starting Assets: $2954.68
October Ending Assets: 2968.68
Tube Fund: 869.00
10/18/12 Bank Balance: $2883.85
Report accepted, approved
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Chip W4PBG / Alvin K0IQE
Net is going well; 6 check-ins this week, including Canary Is. Station output 1300W.
Alvin did rotator modulation troubleshooting: no conclusive improvement yet.
ii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Ted WA3AER
Continuing well with a variety of topics. Check-ins vary between 4 and 6-10.
iii. Equipment Issues
• Voice Keyer: Updated John Paul on last month’s discussion. No action.
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY
Nothing new on DXCC list worked since last meeting. KB1, Baker and Howland Is. QSL received.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – no report
(e) FAR Report – no report. We still need a FAR Representative.
(f) Training Report - - Rol K3RA – no report
Expect exam will be pushed back 1 week.
(g) Special Event Report - - Pearl Harbor Commemoration
W2W to be active on Dec. 7 (before Ice Cream Social), 8, and 9. John Paul will post sign up spreadsheet.
4. OLD BUSINESS
• JHU Henry: no info
• 220VAC Station Power Drop: JimN. Has nothing from Maintenance; will follow up.
• JOTA: one QSL received to date for W3S.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• W3GR License: license expires February 2013. Discussion on whether to renew or not. Decision pending input from "charter" members knowing the call history. Motion made to drop call; with 2nd reading in Dec., final reading in Jan.; vote in Jan. Motion carries.
• Officer Nominations: TimT. nominated existing slate of officers. John Paul expressed interest in having someone new take office; same from Jim Dressler. John Paul will give final decision next month. John Paul nominated Rol for President; Ted nominated Ulis for V.P. Nominations solicited from membership; self-nominations encouraged. EMail responses to John Paul and Ted. Ted will send early notification of slate. Elections at December meeting.
• 2013 Membership Renewal: forms handed out. Zack has been requested to generate list for renewals.
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Upcoming Hamfests:
o Maryland Mobileers: Jan. 27, 2013, at Odenton Fire Hall
o Frostfest: Feb.2, 2013, at Richmond Raceway Complex
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting John Paul.
• Field Day 2012 Presentation: Summary report given by JimN. K3NEM finished 1st in 4A MDC and upper ¼ in Atlantic Division. Fared better than if we had been 3A.
• Discussion: Discussed having at least 6 programs per year...suggestions solicited. Discussion item for 2M net. Show-and-tell and Open Question nights could be interspersed.
Next regular meeting: 13 December 2012 at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Ted Bauer, WA3AER
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***