K3NEM - - W3HEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
10 January 2013
Tim Titus W1TRT Ted Bauer WA3AER
Zory Glaser KB3VQC Chip Weems W4PBG
Dennis Buckler W3DEN Mike Birdseye K4DUM
Tom Dalton KB3NHQ Jim Smith AB3CA
Fred Heath AI3Z Alan Kealey KA3KQM
Alvin Glusick K0IQE Gary Hendrickson W3DTN
Phil Bernache KB3WDI Patrick Worth
Jim Dressler KB3GSA Charles Hutchinson KB3UDJ
Steve Stitzer WA3ZWC Sparky Terry KD4KL
Jay Gallagher KB3SQS Jim Nowotarski N3GOO
Todd Sestero KA3IOJ Nick Yokanovich K3NY
Meeting chaired by Jim Dressler, Vice President
2. MINUTES – minutes from December 2012 meeting accepted, approved.
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred AI3Z
December Income: $321.00
Tube Fund Added: 39.00; current balance $908.00
Closing Balance: $3250.68
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Alvin K0IQE / Chip W4PBG / Bob K3FQP
No net Jan. 2. 7 check-ins on Jan. 9.
ii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Ted WA3AER
Typical number of check-ins (6-8) continues with varied topics.
iii. Equipment Issues
• Rotator - working OK for this week's net. No problem evident.
• Icom PC - FredH. swapped out the old PC.
• Heil HCS – Purchased by 3 club members; donated to station for special events, contests. Ted B. to check out
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY –
319 DXCC confirmed. 1 outstanding QSL request has not responded (recent Campbell Isl. DXpedition). 22 countries remain. 85 requests received for PH Day certs/QSLs.
Apprx. $100 expenses for QSL cards and postage pending; Nick will have cards checked at Odenton hamfest.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – no report
(e) FAR Report – no report. We still need a FAR Representative.
(f) Training Report - - Mike K4DUM
Extra Class course started Jan.8 with 18 students. CW class will be held before classes at 1800.
(g) Special Event Report - - no activity to report
4. OLD BUSINESS
• 220VAC Station Power: JimN. will push the order forward.
• W3GR License Renewal: members agreed to keep this license; renewal forms to be completed, submitted.
• W3HEM License Renewal: members agree to let this license expire and not renew.
• Station Improvements: TomC. On business travel; no report.
• Memberships: 16 renewals this evening; includes 1 new member.
• Reflector: Chip and Alvin have again been dropped by the Reflector.
• ATV: Jim, Mike, and Ted need to arrange a date to move forward.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• February Meeting Date: group AGREED by motion to move meeting to Feb. 21 to avoid conflict with Valentine’s Day.
• NEM Donation 2012: NEM Director had asked if the Club had forgotten its 2012 donation. Minutes of June 2012 meeting show $200 was paid in May. Treasurer will verify bank statement.
• NEM Donation 2013: group AGREED by motion to once again increase its usual annual donation to NEM from $100 to $200. Payment pending.
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Upcoming Hamfests:
• Odenton – January 28 at Odenton Volunteer Fire Hall
• Richmond - February 2 at Richmond Racing Complex
• Annandale – February 24 at NoVA Community College
• BARC/GBH&C – April 6 at Timonium Fairgrounds
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting John Paul.
• Standing Up for Standing Waves: first half of DVD presentation shown by JimS. Group interested in seeing the second part.
Next regular meeting: 21 February 2013 at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Ted Bauer, WA3AER
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***