K3NEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
9 May 2013
Ted Bauer WA3AER Phil Bernache KB3WDI
Steve Stitzer WA3ZWC John Paul Howell AA3WI
Jim Smith AB3CA Fred Heath AI3Z
Bob Gardenghi K3FQP Dennis Buckler W3DEN
Alvin Glusick K0IQE Jim Nowotarski N3GOO
Meeting chaired by John Paul Howell, President.
2. MINUTES – minutes from April’s meeting were accepted, approved.
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred AI3Z
April 16 bank balance: $3467.67
April closing balance: $3517.68
Tube fund balance: $1139.00
Expenditures for QSLs
4 new members
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Alvin K0IQE / Chip W4PBG / Bob K3FQP
Alvin had 15 check-ins yesterday. High background noise levels, peaking to South. Noise info conveyed to Rol for action.
ii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Ted WA3AER
5 check-ins last evening. Dennis and Alvin attended MD FM meeting. A few of us have joined to support their repeaters.
iii. Equipment Issues
• Antenna Rotator – sticking less than when it was cold.
• VHF Antennas – no change; work party needed to re-align them with HF beam.
• GAP Antenna – no change; work party needed to assess and replace guy lines.
• HCS – Alvin’s various grounding attempts have not eliminated hum issue when rotator is activated. Alvin continues to investigate.
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY – Campbell Is. Card received.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – no report
(e) FAR Report – no report
(f) Training Report - - Operating Class continues nicely on Tue. evenings.
(g) Special Event Report - - D-Day Commemoration June 6. W2W operation planned.
4. OLD BUSINESS
• Station Redesign: no report
• 220VAC Station Power: no progress
• ATV Upgrade: new gear in place; wiring and test t.b.d.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• MD FM Donation: Motion approved to donate $50 to support their repeater. Motion carried by all present voting FOR. Jim N. will get bank draft; JPH will draft letter to send next week.
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
Armed Forces Crossband Test – May 11
• Upcoming Hamfests:
o MD FM Assn – May 26 at HoCo Fairground
o Manassas – June 9 at Prince William County Fairground
o BRATS – July 21 at HoCo Fairground
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting John Paul.
• Field Day 2013 Planning Session 1 conducted By Jim N., N3GOO. Session 2 to be at June meeting.
Next regular meeting: 13 June 2013 at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Ted Bauer, WA3AER
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***