K3NEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
11 July 2013
Steve Stitzer WA3ZWC Jim Nowotarski N3GOO
Ted Bauer WA3AER Chip Weems W4PBG
Jim Dressler KB3GSA Phil Bernache WQ3K
Jim Smith AB3CA Zory Glaser KB3VQC
Chuck Angel AA3FB Nick Yokanovich K3NY
Melenie Maule K3ECR
Meeting chaired by Jim Dressler, V.P.
2. MINUTES – minutes from June’s meeting accepted without discussion and approved.
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred AI3Z
Email report read by Ted B. and accepted.
June ending assets: $3506.68
June Bank balance: $3493.12 (include. $1170.00 tube fund)
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Power Line Noise - - noise not strong on 7/10. Level down to about S2. Rt.170 and Elm intersection noted as quite noisy this evening; not significant near museum.
ii. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Alvin K0IQE / Chip W4PBG / Bob K3FQP
20M conditions poor for 7/10 net.
iii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Ted WA3AER
Low participation over the past 2-3 weeks.
iv. Equipment Issues
• Rotator - no recent issues
• Antennas - no progress on aligning VHF antennas with HF beam
• GAP - guys still need to be replaced
• ATV- antenna re-aligned by Rol
• FT-920 – JimS. only able to get 60W output during net; thus only 300W output from Henry. Settings changed from previous Wed. for net. Ted B. will show where power output knob is located.
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY – Iran QSL sent and has been tracked leaving US. Fingers X'd that the expense will bear positive result. Nick is tracking progress.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – no report
(e) Training Report - - Operating Class completed in June; finished for the Summer. Publication of CD pending receipt of Bernie's 2 files; Ted will remind Bernie. Tech Class to start in September (9/10).
(f) Special Event Report - - no QSLs received from D-Day event.
4. OLD BUSINESS
• Station Redesign: no report. Project appears to have gone dormant.
• 220VAC Station Power: No update from electricians. JimN will pursue, noting spare lab circuit.
• ATV: MikeB’s work still in progress.
• ARRL Video Display: ChuckA. reports TV not repaired. Awaiting word about future direction for upgrading display. Further discussion on display content.
• Tower Grounds: - JimN. will check them out soon.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• Stand-in Secretary needed for August meeting. Melenie volunteered and will use Ted’s outline.
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Upcoming Hamfests:
- Shelby Hamfest - Melenie will send announcement out via reflector.
- BRATS Hamfest – July 21, Howard County Fairground
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting John Paul.
• Field Day 2013 Wrap Up:
Field Day statistics report provided by SteveS.
Issue: Gary's equipment was improperly cared for after event: eight (8) apprx. 6 ft. collapsible table tops destroyed by water and tent not taken down.
JimN announced he will not be FD Chairman after this year.
• Standing Waves: Part 2 of DVD presentation presented by JimS.
Next regular meeting: 8 August 2013 at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Ted Bauer, WA3AER
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***