K3NEM - - W3GR
Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum
MINUTES of the 12 February 2015
Mike Birdseye K4DUM
Fred Kuss KA3CXQ
Fred Heath AI3Z
Phil Bernache WQ3K
Chuck Angel AA3FB
Jim Nowotarski N3GOO
Nick Yokanovich K3NY
Rich Bumgarner W7HGE
George (Gus) White W3GTW
Zory Glaser KB3VQC
Mark Wecht AA3MW
Gary Hendrickson W3DTN
Steven Stitzer WA3ZWC
Jim Smith AB3CA
Rol Anders K3RA
Melenie Maule K3ECR
Mike B, K4DUM, chaired the meeting.
2. MINUTES – minutes from January’s meeting accepted, approved.
(a) Treasurer's Report - - Fred Heath, AI3Z
Bank balance - $2876.11 currently (as of the end of December)
Tube Fund is allocated $1428
(b) Station Equipment and Operation Reports
i. Northrop Grumman Family Net, Wed. 3PM ET - - Alvin K0IQE / Bob K3FQP
Station is exhibiting some noise. The omni-directional beam is rather omni-directional.
ii. 2M Net, Wed. 7:30PM ET - - Mike K4DUM
Good participation, but no new NCS volunteers. Mike B is handling NCS for the time being.
iii. Station Equipment / Issues
• X7 Repairs: MikeB will follow up with MikeS and see if there are options for near future. Mike B learned what a “Hazer” is.
• ATV: no work performed.
(c) QSL Report - - Nick K3NY – Continue to receive requests for Pearl Harbor day. Nick will advise if additional postage and supplies funds are needed.
(d) FISTS Report - - Nick K3NY – no report
(e) Training Report - - Extra Class started on February 3rd. Extremely large crowd of 31 students, and 3 tag auditing.
(f) Special Event Report - - nothing to report.
4. OLD BUSINESS
• Chip Weems Memorial: Ted and Dan will use the plaque format with 24 plates. Cost is estimated to be between $275 and $350.
• Club Bank Account: Looking into Sun Trust. Plan to resolve and make transition in the future.
5. NEW BUSINESS
• MFMA: Donated $100 to Maryland FM Association.
• Video Conference Capability: MikeB proposed the idea. Possible options: Skype, GoToMeeting. Capability would enable remote attendance, remote presentations, and provide NEM use as well. JimW offered to explore CalLab interest in a full-blown system.
• 2015 Officer Elections: Secretary position remains open for 2015.
• Proposed Project List: Video conferencing, Remote control for the ARCNEM station, YouTube videos of the ARCNEM and the museum, new computers for the station, and Bucket truck for tower maintenance.
6. NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Upcoming Hamfests:
7. Technical presentations – Suggest or volunteer by contacting MikeB.
• A synopsis of your presentation could appear here.
Next regular meeting: 12 March at 6:00PM local time.
Respectfully submitted by Mike Birdseye, K4DUM
*** Visit ARCNEM on the Web at http://k3nem.org ***